Got a complaint?

The Victorian Ombudsman investigates complaints about Victorian government departments and agencies as well as local government.

Victorian government agencies include state schools, Vic Roads, Corrections Victoria, the Department of Human Services, TAC, WorkSafe and many more.

Anyone can make a complaint.

If you have a complaint:

  1. Try to fix the problem with the agency first
  2. If you are still dissatisfied, contact the Ombudsman.

For more information, see our How To Complain to the Victorian Ombudsman - Easy English fact sheet.


For a telephone interpreter, call this number and ask for the Victorian Ombudsman: 131450, 9am-5pm Monday – Friday.

For an onsite interpreter, call this number 1300 655 082.


The following leaflets provide information on how to make a complaint to the Ombudsman: 

Arabic Arabic.jpg

Cambodian Cambodian.jpg

Cantonese Cantonese.jpg

Croatian Croatian.jpg

Dari Dari.jpg

English English.jpg

Greek Greek.jpg

Italian Italian.jpg

Korean Korean.jpg

Macedonian Macedonian.jpg

Mandarin Mandarin.jpg

Persian Persian.jpg

Polish Polish.jpg

Russian Russian-(1).jpg

Serbian serbian.jpg

Somali Somali.jpg

Spanish Spanish.jpg

Turkish Turkish.jpg