Make a Complaint

If you have a complaint about a Victorian Government department, statutory authority, agency or local council then the Ombudsman's office may be able to assist you.

In the first instance you should attempt to resolve your complaint with the agency concerned. Public bodies should have complaints processes that you can use to try and resolve your issue.

If you are still unable to resolve your concerns or are unsure as to whether your complaint can be considered, please contact the Ombudsman's office via the following methods:


Use our online complaint form to submit your complaint, or refer to other organisations that maybe able to assist you.


Call us on (03) 9613 6222 or toll free (regional areas only) on 1800 806 314 Monday to Friday between 9am - 5pm.

Deaf or hearing impaired TTY users phone 133 677 then (03) 9613 6222

While you can usually complain over the phone, we may need you to put your complaint in writing.


Victorian Ombudsman
Level 2, 570 Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC 3000

Please select one of the following organisation/areas that your complaint relates to.

Unfortunately the Ombudsman is unable to investigate complaints about this issue. Please see the contact details of an agency that may be able to assist you below.