Legislation and policies
Find out more about the legislation and polices that guide us.
Some of the other legislation that directs the work we do - and how we do it - includes:
Other legislation gives the Ombudsman powers to take complaints about specific matters:
Code of Conduct
Integrity and responsiveness are some of our key values. We follow a code which sets out the behaviour expected of our employees.
Gifts, Benefits and Hospitality Policy and Register
We have a policy which sets out how the Ombudsman, her staff and contractors respond to offers of Gifts, Benefits and Hospitality.
Each financial year, we publish a register of offered gifts, benefits and hospitality.
Human Rights Policy
We have an important role to play in protecting the human rights of Victorians.
We value your privacy and personal information.
Personal information provided by you will not be disclosed other than when this is consistent with the principles in the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and other applicable legislation.
Public Interest Disclosure Policy
We encourage people to report improper conduct in the public sector. This policy sets out the steps we take to handle 'public interest disclosures'.
Service Delivery Charter
Our Charter sets out the service standards you can expect from us when you contact us.
Other relevant policies
- Download Role of the OmbudsmanPDF - 423KB
- Download Complaints and approachesPDF - 421KB
- Download Early resolution of complaintsPDF - 450KB
- Download EnquiriesPDF - 431KB
- Download InvestigationsPDF - 480KB
- Download Own motion enquiries and investigations (and portfolios)PDF - 419KB
- Download Recommendations and proposalsPDF - 426KB
- Download Referrals and notificationsPDF - 453KB
- Download Information requests, confidentiality and privacyPDF - 454KB
- Download Complaints about and oversight of the OmbudsmanPDF - 428KB
- Download Dealing with challenging behaviourPDF - 433KB