This is the framework that guides the work of our office.
This is the Strategic Framework 2020-2024, which guides the work of the Victorian Ombudsman's office:
Ensure fairness for Victorians in their dealings with the public sector and improve public administration.
- independent and impartial complaint resolution
- encourage fair and reasonable decision making within the public sector
Enhance Integrity and Accountability
- independently investigate serious matters
- report on misconduct and poor administration
Support Improvement and Innovation
- assist agencies learn from complaints and investigations
- investigate systemic issues and identify solutions
Protect Human Rights
- investigate whether an action or decision is incompatible with human rights
- make it easier for vulnerable people to complain
To provide accessible and responsive services that are:
- free, independent and impartial
- open, transparent and evidence based
- focused on practical and meaningful outcomes to address injustice
- sensitive to the circumstances of individuals and communities with specific needs
- delivered by skilled and committed professionals
- consistent with the same standards we expect of others.