Public housing

We take complaints about public housing in Victoria. Find out how we can help.

Housing Victoria provides eligible people with public housing and loans to assist with residential bonds. It is part of the Department of Health and Human Services.

What is our role?

We take complaints about the decisions and actions of Housing Victoria.

We encourage you to complain to Housing Victoria first.

If you’re not happy with its response and the issue continues to affect you, we may be able to help.

What type of complaints can we take?

You can contact us for help resolving a complaint about:

  • maintenance and repairs
  • eviction and/or enforcement actions.

We look at whether the organisation acted in a way that was lawful, reasonable and fair.

We also look at whether they breached human rights or did not consider them properly.

In most cases, we are not able to change a Housing Victoria decision about:

  • eligibility for housing
  • an application for priority housing or to transfer to alternate public housing
  • calculation of rental rebates.

However, you can still contact us for advice on these matters.


Looking to make a complaint?

Use our online form to create and submit your complaint