Code of Conduct
Integrity and responsiveness are some of our key values. We follow a code which sets out the behaviour expected of our employees.
We are bound by the Code of Conduct for Victorian Public Sector Employees of Special Bodies. Our employees must behave in the ways described in the Code of Conduct.
We must show:
- by providing high quality services to the Victorian community; and
- by identifying and promoting best practice.
- by being honest, open and transparent in their dealings; and
- by using powers responsibly; and
- by reporting improper conduct; and
- by avoiding any real or apparent conflicts of interest; and
- striving to earn and sustain public trust of a high level.
- by making decisions and providing advice on merit and without bias, caprice, favouritism or self-interest; and
- by acting fairly by objectively considering all relevant facts and fair criteria.
- by working to clear objectives in a transparent manner; and
- by accepting responsibility for their decisions and actions; and
- by seeking to achieve best use of resources; and
- by submitting themselves to appropriate scrutiny.
Respect for colleagues, other public officials and members of the Victorian community by:
- treating them fairly and objectively; and
- ensuring freedom from discrimination, harassment and bullying; and
- using their views to improve outcomes on an ongoing basis.
Leadership by implementing, promoting and supporting these values.
A commitment to human rights, as set out in the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities by:
- making decisions and providing advice consistent with human rights; and
- actively implementing, promoting and supporting human rights.
Service Delivery Charter
These are the service standards you can expect when you contact us.Service Delivery Charter — Read more
Information about Ombudsman Deborah Glass, our mission and values, our annual reports, and service plans.About us — Read more