Code of Conduct
Integrity and responsiveness are some of our key values. We follow a code which sets out the behaviour expected of our employees.
We must show:
- by providing high quality services to the Victorian community; and
- by identifying and promoting best practice.
- by being honest, open and transparent in their dealings; and
- by using powers responsibly; and
- by reporting improper conduct; and
- by avoiding any real or apparent conflicts of interest; and
- striving to earn and sustain public trust of a high level.
- by making decisions and providing advice on merit and without bias, caprice, favouritism or self-interest; and
- by acting fairly by objectively considering all relevant facts and fair criteria.
- by working to clear objectives in a transparent manner; and
- by accepting responsibility for their decisions and actions; and
- by seeking to achieve best use of resources; and
- by submitting themselves to appropriate scrutiny.
Respect for colleagues, other public officials and members of the Victorian community by:
- treating them fairly and objectively; and
- ensuring freedom from discrimination, harassment and bullying; and
- using their views to improve outcomes on an ongoing basis.
Leadership by implementing, promoting and supporting these values.
A commitment to human rights, as set out in the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities by:
- making decisions and providing advice consistent with human rights; and
- actively implementing, promoting and supporting human rights.